The Institute offers the Microelectronics graduate program to develop capable semiconductor device and integrated circuit (IC) design engineers. The program is intended for:
- Engineers/scientists with very strong backgrounds in electronics, computers, or communication systems who wish to go into the semiconductor device and IC research and design;
- Professionals in the semiconductor manufacturing, assembly and test industry who wish to expand their capabilities to include semiconductor device and circuit design; and/or
- Faculty members who want to implement a microelectronics program in their respective institutions.
The program focuses on three main research areas, namely:
- radio-frequency (RF) IC design;
- reduced instruction set computer (RISC) core development and design, and
- semiconductor device research.
Download suggested plan of study under Microelectronics Option here.