The curriculum is offered by the Electrical and Electronics Engineering Institute and the Department of Industrial Engineering and Operations Research of UP Diliman. Students can complete MEngg PSM in 3 semesters of full-time study, divided into 5 major courses, 4 elective courses, a seminar course, and the capstone project.
MEngg EE students can choose from the following PSM concentrations:
- Data analytics (including Machine Learning, Deep Learning, etc)
- Internet of Things (including embedded systems, wireless sensor networks, etc)
- Energy (including instrumentation/control/apps for renewable energy , energy efficiency, etc)
- Health (including biomedical devices, health apps, etc)
- Supply Chain (including manufacturing/production, etc)
The supply chain concentration is available as a PSM plan of study for MEngg IE students, as they collaborate with other students and industry partners in various technologies, including those listed in the MEngg EE concentration.
Upon entry into the program, students immediately form into multidisciplinary project teams, then identify market opportunities or choose an industry challenge. The first semester culminates in a product proof-of-concept, which is then developed into a pre-production prototype and market validated in the next two semesters. Throughout this process, students learn how to address technical, market, and financial issues and pave the way for a successful product launch.
Sample Plan of Studies