The National Service Training Program (NSTP) is a program aimed at enhancing civic consciousness and defense preparedness in the youth by developing the ethics of service and patriotism while undergoing training in any of its three (3) program components. Its various components are specially designed to enhance the youth's active contribution to the general welfare. For UP students, the following rules about NSTP are observed:
- Each student is required to take 3 unit courses for 2 semesters (6 units total).
- Students may only take these courses after their first year. However, if the student wishes to graduate with honors, he must finish these courses on the second year of his course.
- The following are the components of the program:
- Military Training Services (MTS)
- Civic Welfare Training Services (CWTS)
- Literacy Training Services (LTS)
Both 3 unit courses to be taken must be from the same component of the program.
For more information on this program, click on this link to look at the Republic Act that established this program.